We’re busy! We’ve got workshops to organise and a team of writers to keep occupied. So we need someone who can help us keep on top of projects and support our new business drive.
In a nutshell, your job is to make sure everything in and out of the office runs smoothly. Making sure we hit deadlines and appointments is going to be down to you. We’re looking for someone with an eye for detail, who’s good on the phone, and likes working with a small team.
What will you do?
Support our sales drive.
You’ll work closely with our New Business manager to:
- help us build lists for our mailing and sales programmes using LinkedIn and the internet.
- plan the timing of campaigns, mailings and scheduling of emails using MailChimp.
- keep us up to speed with any possible tenders we could apply for. And help us deliver the presentation.
- use Highrise, our CRM programme, to manage clients and tasks.
Manage our workshops
We run workshops all over the country. To make sure they run smoothly we’ll need you to:
- organise travel and accommodation
- liaise with the client to arrange dates and contacts
- make sure our trainers have everything they need for the workshop
- collect the feedback into a report afterwards
As our detail champion you’ll be on top of:
- Scheduling tweets (don’t worry you don’t have to write them)
- Sending and chasing invoices
- Keeping our project spreadsheet up to date
- Help our writers manage their time
What sort of person are we searching for?
A natural organizer. You enjoy the detail side of making things happen. You’ll be confident and outgoing, able to communicate clearly.
We’re a small team and so you need to be a self-starter, able to make decisions by yourself.
What sort of skills do you need to show us?
You need to be able to write well – we’re not expecting you to be a copywriter but you need an eye for wrods (and typos).
We use cloud-based software such as Highrise, Mailchimp and Eventbrite to market ourselves and arrange our training, so being confident with computers would be an advantage. We’ll show you how to use the programmes.
What’s in it for you?
We’ll train you to use the CRM system to keep on top of our clients, conversations and copywriting.
We know that copywriting is a unique thing to sell. That’s why when you join us you’ll attend one of our open workshops to learn the tricks of the trade and find out what our world is all about. Once you’ve got the hang of the job, we’ll invest in more training to help build your skills.
£17000 – £20000 – dependent on experience
How to apply
Please send your CV and an email or letter telling us a bit about yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org
Categorised in: Careers
This post was written by Richard Spencer